- Pappardelle are originally from Tuscany. The pappardelle are similar to tagliatelle, but way wider. The name comes from the dialect verb "pappare" and it means "to gooble"
- Usually associated with Rustic Meat Sauces (boar)
- Durum Wheat Semolina Pasta with Porcini Mushrooms
- Bronze Drawn
- Produced by Antico Pastificio Umbro, a family owned company situated at the foot of Mount Subasio, between Assisi, Perugia and Spoleto, all jewels of the green Umbria region.
Their production is inspired by the tradition of Umbrian pasta makers who existed already at the beginning of the century. During the 80’s, the family business reflourish thanks to the initiative of Fernanda Mariottini, portrayed in the wheat fields that her family cultivated on the hills between Spello and Assisi. This family started to operate in the field of farming when men were a key resource and their hills were dotted with sheaves of freshly harvested wheat and with barns ready to face the winter.
Production is tightly linked to tradition: bronze die plates, wooden frames, handcrafted skeins, low-temperature slow drying. All this, together with the water from the sources of the region, makes the pasta rougher and porous to better retain sauces for a unique taste and texture. The unique and fine design of the products allow to present the customer with a product whose roots are in the genuine tradition of top-quality Italian pasta.
- PRODUCT OF ITALY MADE WITH ITALIAN INGREDIENTS
top of page
bottom of page